Various Senior Management Positions, 1992 to 1998
CSC is a Fortune 200 company and global leader in next-generation IT services and solutions. The company's mission is to enable superior returns on clients' technology investments through best-in-class industry solutions, domain expertise and global scale. CSC has approximately 80,000 employees and reported revenue of $13.2 billion for the 12 months ended December 27, 2013.
My experience with CSC was within their Communication Industry Services division, a provider of customer care and billing solutions for the wireless industry.
Filled multiple roles as I helped this technology company grow from approximately 80 people and less than $10 million in revenue to over 500 people and $100 million in revenue over a six year period. Positions included divisional CFO, AVP of Account Management, Director of Business Units, Director of Product Management, and Director of Strategy. Coordinated the due diligence for the sale of the unit to ITDS, Inc., a NASDAQ company for approximately $300 million. The company was subsequently acquired by Amdocs, Inc. in late 1999.
- Managed approximately 200 people in a dynamic and fast paced telecom environment.
- Evolved the support work force from lower skilled staff to more highly skilled, motivated teams required for an evolving and growing customer base.
- Developed and executed an exit strategy for non-Y2K products.
- Negotiated customer contracts valued at more than $100 million.
- Developed a large account management organization to handle clients such as Nextel, Southwestern Bell, VoiceStream, Western Wireless, Omnipoint, and others.
- Integrated multiple business units to achieve efficiency and prepare for product migration.
- Developed a product management process that incorporated client input and insured product development was client funded.
- Developed a quotation process for product enhancements that reduced time to market and funded requirements gathering that was previously given away.
The Bottom Line – Was a leader in the development and growth of this organization, which is now one of the largest customer care software and billing organizations in the world. Managed most aspects of the organization at one time or another. Put innovative processes in place that continued to be used nearly 10 years after implementation.